Why Do We Need a Third Party?
Democrats wants to be Republicans and Republicans are described as party of narrow minded out of touch stuffy old men
Did you know?
- Women represent 51% of the population but make up only 20% of the Senate and 18% of the House in 2013.
- African-Americans comprise 15% of the population, but there is only one black elected US senators in 2013, and only five African-Americans have been elected to the US Senate since this country was founded.
- There are only three Latino senators in 2013, all of them men.
- Sixty-seven percent of senators are millionaires.
- The average age of a senator is sixty-two years, while the median age in America is only thirty-seven
- Seven of the top ten counties with the nation's highest household incomes are located in the Washington Beltway.