Energy and the Environment
Environmental safety is vital to human survival. Because we are the most powerful economic power in the world, we have an obligation to protect the environment. This also means that we will do everything in our power to prevent environmental damage caused by foolish and reckless wars or corporate greed.
We must encourage and incentivize the use of efficiency and of alternative sources of energy—for example, the spread of solar roofs to every house and building, the use of hybrid technology in cars and other fuel powered engines, and the use of Liquid Natural Gas in freight trucks and ships.
- We shall stop importing Middle Eastern oil and focus on the development of North American energy sources.
- We shall develop a blueprint in which every roof and unused open surface produces clean energy.
- We shall encourage all industrial and office building owners to produce their own power through a distributed energy model.
- We shall encourage the private sector and our academic labs to take the lead in transforming our cars, trucks, planes, and other equipment and tools to make them more energy- efficient.
- We shall encourage use of hybrid technology in railroads, trucks, air-conditioning units, and other heavy equipment using fossil fuel.