"It is the cost, stupid!"
Did you know?
- 650 fires occur in operating rooms during surgery every year in the U.S.
- 200,000 deaths occur every year due to preventable medical errors.
- 1.7 million Americans go to the hospital every year and get infections that they did not have the day they arrived.
- 14,500 deaths per year are caused by radiation exposure from CT scans.
- 2,000 patients have surgical material left inside of them during operations every year.
- 1/2 of the total healthcare cost goes to hospitals and doctors.
- $650 to $850 billion per year are spent on defensive medicine.
- $325 billion could be saved by avoiding unwarranted medical care.