U.S. Foreign Policy
"A policy of empathy and humanity"
Did you know?
- 1/3 of the US aid to foreign countries was for military assistance.
- 500,000 Iraqi children died due to sanctions against Iraq after the 1991 Gulf War.
- The President's Daily Brief (PDB) of August 6, 2001, was entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US."
- Before the 1991 Gulf War, there had not been a major terrorist attack on US soil since World War II.
- 81% of the people in the majority Muslim countries are under the age of 44 years.
- Four of the seven largest Muslim majority countries have had democratically elected women leaders within the last 25 years.
- The price of oil was $20 per barrel in 2001 and was up to $100 per barrel in 2013.